Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Tanabata Festival of Dreams
Wednesday, July 7, 2010 from 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM (PDT)
Join us at Plug and Play Tech Center in Sunnyvale, home of the SunBridge Venture Habitat for Japanese startups in Silicon Valley for
- A festive night of Japanese tradition, culture, music, food and mingling under the stars.
- An opportunity for Silicon Valley entrepreneurs of all nations to meet current and future leaders of the valley’s Japanese community.
- A chance to contribute toward the granting of a needy child’s wish as we raise donations for charity.
- A celebration of and recommitment to the goals and dreams whereby we all strive to make the world a better place.
Wednesday - July 7, 2010 6:30-10:30 pm
- Taiko Drumming and Traditional Japanese Music from 7:00 p.m.
- "Elevator Pitch Karaoke" open mike for entrepreneurs
- Traditional Japanese Dance performance
- Japanese party games
- Tours of Plug and Play Tech Center and SunBridge Japan Pavilion
- Food and Drink: Traditional Japanese festival foods will be served as hors d' oeuvres
Plug and Play Tech Center
440 N. Wolfe Rd. - Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Japanese Tanabata Festivals celebrate the legend of Orihime and Hikoboshi whose love was denied when they were turned to Stars (Vega and Altair) separated by the Milky Way. Only allowed to cross the river of stars and meet one night of the year on the seventh night of the seventh month, that night’s reunion now marks a celebration of hopes and dreams fulfilled.
Customarily Tanabata participants write their wishes and dreams on colorful strips of paper called Tanzaku that are attached as decorations to bamboo trees. The Silicon Valley Tanabata Festival will be fostering the hopes and dreams of Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, who can tie their wishes to bamboo stalks, which as the fastest growing and among the most versatile of plants, offer a suitable symbol for the aspirations of high-minded entrepreneurs.
In collaboration with
With the gracious support of
The Miner Foundation
Fukuoka Prefectural Government - Silicon Valley
And cooperation of
Silicon Valley Japanese Entrepreneur Network »
Keizai Society US-Japan Business Forum »
Japan Society of Northern California »
Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Northern California »
Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco »